Friday, July 13, 2012

Inspirational & extraordinary leaders

Not having much in the way of original content myself, I thought I'd link to someone else's. I thought that this article by Geoffrey James about The eight core beliefs of extraordinary bosses was quite inspirational (I must admit to printing it out and pining it to my partition at one point). It's nice to see a list of ways to see the world rather than the usual list of things people recommend that you do. This item about The traits of inspiring leaders also was a good read.  As an added benefit, by posting them up here I will be able to find them again.

He also has one about being an employee (every manager is also an employee) covering ways keep the boss happy. I suspect I know which are my weak areas...

Actually the articles go together, managers and employees are part of a team that works best when they are trying to help each other succeed (as long as the manager is clear how to align the joint effort to company goals and communicate this).

No comments:

Post a Comment