Saturday, August 4, 2012

Something we may have in common...

I'm watching the Olympics, along with I suspect a few billion other people. The womens' triathlon, a sport I know almost nothing about (I remember seeing it when the Olympics were held in Athens as well). Why does someone like me who basically knows nothing about the sport. Is it that we like to watch people compete, partly, I suspect that this is the case but if that were really the case I would much prefer to watch boxing or wrestling (which I don't). I think it is much more basic, I think people like to watch other people to succeed in difficult circumstances. Perhaps this s why we like to support the underdog, greater achievement.

Of course we just may be curious about how things turn out.

1 comment:

  1. One of the reasons I like watching Olympics is that I can look for strength and confidence from them

    ReplyDelete