Saturday, November 17, 2012

Caught on stage and dropping a feather

The first performance of my daughters ballet school. The main show is based on the story "The Phoenix and the Carpet". My job OS one of the parents helping to move the props. First day and I get caught with the curtain opening while I am trying to secure the roof of a hut. Everyone was nice about it much as I am horrified.

Later on I have the job of dropping a feather from above the curtain at the end of the show. It was a perfect drop and it cycle and landed amongst the dancers. I had a real sense of pride in a job well done from this little event. It really made my night.

Talking to people afterwards, the noticed the feather but didn't remember the caught on stage bit. Seems that the power of suspension of disbelief really helps out in these cases. Overall it is hugely rewarding and hugely educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment